Thank you for…
1. Allowing us to serve you for four decades since we were organized as the “Maryland Transit Administration” in 1971.
2. Recognizing the vital importance of public transportation.
3. Helping Maryland’s citizens to make a living without spending so much of their pay on just getting there.
4. Making it easy for kids to get to school safely.
5. Bringing recreational opportunities within reach of everyone.
6. Helping to keep the air we breathe as clean as can be by minimizing car exhaust.
7. Lowering the number of cars on the road so that when we must drive, traffic will be that much more bearable.
8. Recognizing that we are “One Maryland.”
9. Understanding that a thriving public transportation system makes all of our lives easier.
10. Knowing that Maryland’s business community depends on public transportation just as much as their employees.
11. Holding us to account when the MTA doesn’t perform up to your expectations.
12. Being kind to all our vehicle operators.
13. Being especially kind to our Bus Operators, who have what must be one of the toughest jobs in America.
14. Caring about the quality of public transportation as much as we do.
15. Letting us know right away when equipment isn’t working properly, so we can fix it fast.
16. Reporting suspicious packages that don’t look like they belong.
17. Moving to the back of the bus when people in front are trying to board.
18. Giving up your seat for the elderly and those with disabilities.
19. Taking the time to let us know when an MTA employee has done you a good turn.
20. Taking the time to let us know when an MTA employee has done you a bad turn.
21. Drinking, eating and/or smoking (if you must) almost anywhere you feel it's appropriate - except on our bus, light rail and metro vehicles.
22. Leaving your car at home.
23. Taking your trash with you when you leave an MTA vehicle.
24. Riding your bike to and from work if you can.
25. Keeping yourself safe around our many escalators and elevators.
26. Serving as an example to those around you.
27. Keeping your cell phone conversations understated.
29. Remembering to take your belongings with you.
30. Keeping the aisles clear.
31. Being kind to your fellow passengers.
32. Joining us in our quest to make MTA the best it can be.
33. Letting that bus out into the lane so those passengers can get to work on time too.
34. Car pooling when you can’t take public transportation.
35. Being kind to your fellow human beings who help to create the MTA social media sites
36. Understanding that when snow storms and hurricanes hit, we’re at their mercy too.
37. Making sure Maryland remains a leader among the nation’s public transportation systems
38. Helping to save the bay.
39. Recognizing that we’re all in this together.
40. Letting us know how we can serve you better.